Autotransfusion is a resource not utilized enough. “Although an estimated 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood at any given time, less than 10 percent of that eligible population actually do each year”1, forces us to widen our grasp of autotransfusion. Now with HIPAA compliant video assistance, we are able to help train any staff member to become a vital assistant in the conservation of blood. With our patented system, we are able to be anywhere in the United States within minutes. We follow AABB, IBBM, and AMSECT standards.
With video assistance telepresence, we help set up the circuit.
- Help in setting up disposables safely with sterile technique.
- Determine if there is enough clean/safe blood loss to have a positive return.
- Help process the blood and wash it.
- Safely transfer the blood to be re-infused.
- Help breakdown the system and discard it safely.
Using our system allows for significant cost savings allowing for more procedures to be on “standby” for potential mass blood loss.
The training is fast, effective, and safe.
1American Red Cross